JANUARY 2001 – SPECIAL ISSUE
Entry deadline is Jan. 30
• July 14, Dec. 3 mandatory
Final mandatory section dates for the 2000 APSE contest are Friday, July 14, and Sunday, Dec. 3.
• Non-compliance with rules will mean disqualification
Preliminary judging in the writing divisions and preliminary and final judging in the section divisions of the 2000 APSE contest will be done Feb. 25-28 by panels of sports editors at the winter meeting in Redondo Beach, Calif.
• Guidelines for judging in the six writing divisions
Final judges will select the top five, in order, from as many as 10 finalists determined by the preliminary judges.
• Entry rules for writing
The upper right-hand corner of the first page of entries should include this information on separate lines ...
• Guidelines for daily and Sunday
Judges will select – but not rank – the top 10 sections in each circulation category and will select as many as 10 honorable mentions.
• Special section guidelines
Newspapers may submit only one special section. This includes one-subject or one-theme sections issued one time.
• Clarifications to rules
Here are some are clarifications to the contest rules that might have inadvertently been interpreted in different ways in different years.
• Where to send contest entries: Section and Writing
• Hotel, meeting information
APSE members are encouraged to join the Executive Committee Feb. 24-28 at the Crowne Plaza in Redondo Beach, Calif., for the winter meeting and contest judging.
• Use this checklist to prepare entries for contest
Print and use this checklist as your guide as you prepare your entries for the contest.
• CAUTION: Use correct Social Security numbers
Editors are reminded to prepare two lists of names and correct Social Security numbers of personnel entered in the writing divisions.